Pacoima Neighborhood Council
Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair 2016Posted on 09/30/16
Saturday October 1, 2016
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Free admission • Free family EP kits* • Free parking
Free food* (all-beef hot dogs, hamburgers, and veggieburgers with fixings)
Everything is free at the Fair to encourage everyone to be disaster ready.
Fire Station 87
10124 Balboa Blvd
Granada Hills, California 91344
(between Devonshire St. & Lassen St.)
What to expect at the 9th Annual Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair
- Family friendly
- Free Family Emergency Preparedness Starter Kits (1 per family)*
- Free lunch*
- Speaker series
- Free parking
- ADA accessible
- Pet preparedness and safety
- Free Child ID by Granada Hills Masons, F&AM #378
- Disaster response agencies (FEMA, LAEMD, etc.)
- Neighborhood Council representatives
- Yogi Bear Shakey-Quakey Schoolhouse
- HAM Radio station K6D with ARES, ACS, DCS, NTS
- LADWP Electric Diorama and Safety Demonstration
- American Red Cross Information & Children’s Safety Puppet Show
- Southern California Gas Company
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) information
- Dutch oven cooking
- Solar oven cooking
- Cedars-Sinai Bloodmobile
- Special events and demonstrations
- Drawings for EP items
- And so much more!
The Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair is a joint Whole Community event to help bring awareness to being better prepared for emergencies and disasters.
*While supplies last. Family Emergency Preparedness Starter Kits (1 per family) to registered families only. Kits distributed only during Fair hours. Events, exhibitors, and features subject to availability and may change.