City of LA-Pacoima Neighborhood Council GENERAL MEETING MINUTES Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 6:30 PM

• Mikayeel Calls meeting to order: 6:36 pm pst.

Roll Call:

Elisa: Here
John: Here
Mikayeel: Here
Fanne: Here
Jessica: Here
Rebecca: Here
Mireyari: Here
Reuben: Here
Oscar: Not here
Alex: Not here
Mireya: Here

- Community report and Government:
 - County Gardens Office: No one.
 - California state senate District 18: No one
 - LAPD:
 - Officer Nunez: Senior Lead officer for Pacoima. As far as crime, we are doing really really well in Pacoima, both in the negative. We are at a negative 6.6% in crime compared to last year. Biggest crimes are auto related crimes, especially on the north side. Active community members gave us a lot of intel that led us to an arrest of someone who stole 3 vehicles. 1 other thing, I know parking is a big thing, we got an order that we are still to be light on the parking tickets and light on the 72 hours and meter parking, I know some people are complaining about street sweeping, unfortunately we cannot site or impound those vehicles until after october 1st potentially. That includes Motorhomes and any of those vehicles.
 - Rebecca: Are these vehicles (parked) registered?
 - Officer Nunez: Yes they are registered, but even if they aren't, within 6 months we cannot impound them right now. Again that is also going up until October 1st but until then we cannot enforce these vehicle related laws.
 - John Hernandez: Can you give us an update in regards to the ACE program? Are they being cited or is everything hands off?
 - Officer Nunez: With no bail and everything it is more difficult but we still cite them and we still stay away from the vendors. We cite the drinkers and

loud parties and firework lighters etc. At the end of the day it's the courts that have been leaning lighter recently.

- John: I saw something recently near Was something going on down there?
 - Officer: They were going back over the 3 homicides which involved a press conference.

District 7:

- Susana: Quite a few updates. For parking enforcement currently, parking relaxation has extended to october 1st. Expiration tags, overnight vehicle restrictions, rush hour and or towing. Begun enforcing? People taking advantage of the parking restrictions that were relaxed, hopefully this will help to get some of those vehicles that have been left out for months moving. Bright spot that was conducted last month in lauren canyon and van nuys. I will be sending out a before and after shot in an email. Email me if you would like to be on that list. Susana.carmona@lacity.org. The council women's newsletter will also be going out. New cooling center during this heatwave, it will be closing tomorrow around 8pm. Only taking ~27 people at a time. If the heatwave continues it will hopefully be open longer. Women's shelter is already at capacity. The Census deadline has moved up. Important to fill that out, so please do so. Here in Pacoima we need all the fundings we can get. That moved to october 31st of 2020 this year. Also speed hump ... Street resurfacing happening on glenoaks between osbourne and gaines. I will also be sending before and after pictures for that. Also had an emergency awareness webinar, good time to go to the facebook page.
- Caroline from the Mayor's office: just wanted to put in a note, for the enforcement, the department of transportation is enforcing the 72 hour abandoned vehicle. The only case we are able to tow a vehicle in the same day is if it has come back stolen. All of this will be going until OCT 1st. Luckily no power outages in Pacoima yet, but please if you are looking for an update, the dwp has a sign up for alerts where outages will be restored. On the 25th and 26th we will be with LAFD at the pacoima public housing doing a popup COVID 19 testing absolutely free with no appointment necessary from 8am 2pm. I will also be there to help people fill out their Census. We are also going to be coming back to Pacoima for some Census outreach and drive through, giving out some gift cards, etc. Date scheduled in Sept. I will also be going to stores/shopping plaza, so stop by and say hi. Everything else Susie said, but we are looking for businesses to sign up for closures for dinning outdoors.

- Note: From my understanding right now no one can enforce or ticket anyone for street sweeping, right, because of the directive up until october, but the situation we have been having here in Pacoima, but our streets have never really been fully cleaned since I moved here 3 years ago. The current excuse is COVID, but before COVID it was still an issue. I want to ensure that PNC and the community as a whole continues to communicate but want to continue to advocate to clean our streets.
- Officer Medea: We are both in the negative like my partner said, but just to comment about the vehicles and what everyone is talking about, we cannot impound, if there is a discrepancy, and as far as we know DOT is not impounding, but I think Caroline mentioned something that I had not heard. We are still working with the homeless, and some companies are putting up gates on their private property and such, so we are working with those businesses but we know it is a hard time. I hope everyone has my phone number for the south side of Pacoima, so any questions?
 - Questions: Jordan: I was wondering if anyone had Susana's email address since we couldn't hear her and my main control is if anyone is following up with the LAUSD on the terrible IPADs that are slow, and a 7 year old didn't speak any english, and their teacher didn't speak any spanish at all. It's the same nothing that happens with the school system so I was hoping someone could address this. The problem is nobody addressing the schools and what the spanish speakers are learning, and there is no follow up anywhere.
 - Susana: I would like to refer you to the office of Kelly ...?
 She is the board member for the LAUSD, if you want to email me I can connect you directly with them.
- Neighborhood empowerment:
 - Semee: Happy to follow up via email, have a few workshops in the queue. First is AUG 31st Monday We are revamping our website and looking for your input on what you need and what the needs are and any improvements we can make. In addition there are two mandates for city council action. 20-0963 on Thursday aug 13th city clerk's office took the lead in reporting to the hen park committee on recommending all NC elections to vote by mail because of COVID. If you are interested please give your input. 20-0990 last week council member Constructed a For the civil rights commission for including anti-bias training and inclusion training for all neighborhood council members.
 - Reuben: Regards to the first council file you mentioned, that sounds great if they want to do mail in ballots, but does that also include the general election, because if they

were to go with that, then it would be fine for us, but if they aren't going with it then why should we.

- Semee: I'm not sure how they are handling that but I will reach out and find that out and let you know. Thank you!
- Brenda: Pacoima field rep. Updates on assembly women's behalf. Our office is still working from home, but we are still available. If you do require anything at all with state departments (DMV/Insurance/social services/etc.) Please reach out to us so we can assist you. Our office continues to receive many EDD cases on a daily basis, so if you/anyone you know is having troubles receiving benefits, feel free to have them call our office and we will be more than happy to assist them and get them their benefits as soon as possible. I want to highlight one of the assmelby women's bills that she introduced, AB1845, the office to end homelessness bill. The Bill has moved forward in the legislature and it will be heard tomorrow in the committee, it's a step closer to getting to the governor's desk for approval. If you have any questions feel free to contact me and I can provide more information. I do want to remind everyone that the last day for the census online is Sept 30th of this year. The 2020 self response rate as of Aug 13th is at 57.5%. That's less than the self response rate of all of CA. It's critical for all of CA to fill out the Census. If you haven't filled out your questionnaire yet feel free to do so by phone or online. My2020census.gov. 844-330-2020.
 - Mikayeel: Got an email from the EDD. Federal benefit like 300-400\$ of people not getting it, any update on that?
 - Brenda: It varies case by case, so feel free to send me their information and I can connect with them.
 - Rebecca: Is this administration still going to cut the Census short in time?
 - Brenda: No they actually extended it and the due date is Sept. 30th.
 - Michelle: The fences behind the freeways are getting broken into, but I noticed when one fence gets fixed the other side gets broken into and it just keeps going back and forth, so wanted to know if certain hotspots could get reinforced fences that need power tools to get cut. People are cooking goods and making good products under the freeway, the smoke went far after an explosion, and the person walked away from it. If there's a way to actually reinforce the hotspots it could reduce this issue.
 - Brenda: The areas that you are talking about are under the assembly women's radar and we are aware of that and have reported it. We are currently in conversation to get these encampments addressed as soon as possible.
 During COVID we have not removed any encampments,

but if there is trash/debris we remove it. As soon as it is safe to address the encampment we have been instructed to do so. In terms of the fencing, it is an ongoing issue because if the fence issue is addressed while the encampment is still there they will once again cut through the fence, so the encampment issue needs to be addressed first. 818-504-3911: Assembly women's office.

Brenda.yanez@asn.ca.gov

- \circ LAC board of supervisors: no one.
- o Region 1 budget advocate: No one

Public comments:

- Michelle: Great job helping people in the community, with the funding you provided, just one of them had marketed you guys, if the other one did please let me know. I'd be curious to see it myself. On a Side note, moving forward for the remainder of the year I'd love to create something with your guys budget and funding because you do great work for us here in the community.
- Jeffrey: We will be videotaping various city officials and committees for the valley disaster affair, so if any officials are still on the phone and would like to be recorded or submit recordings, on how they are preparing for disasters please contact us. You can reach out to me personally and we will be filming it here in Pacoima.
- Kevin Davis: Woodland hills neighborhood council. SEPT 26th save the date for neighbourhood county congress. Registration is already online and available. I would urge PNC to lend financial support in the future.
- Daniel V.: Interested a little more in what the neighborhood council congress is and what that meeting on Sept 26th is.
 - Kevin: In the past the neighborhood council congress is a gathering of all 99 neighborhood councils with a number of officials coming in like the mayor and controller. Because of the COVID situation it will be pretty bare bones but we will have a 3 hour session in the morning and hear about issues affecting the neighborhood council and things affecting budgets and stuff. The main session will be from 9-noon. There is a web page available for you to sign up on and get more information on. Registration has already begun, don't miss out and join us for our event.

Motions:

- Board member applications:
 - Reuben motioned: Anna Seconds.
 - Daniel: I grew up in the area, was kind of bummed out when COVID happened and I joined the last meeting to check it out and was interested and became excited to potentially help out any way that I can. We've been part of the community for about 30 years now, we run our business off osbourne and san fernando road, we

have a fire protection business and I want to get involved anyway I can.

- John: Thank you for the application and your 30 year involvement in the community.
- Daniel: Thanks John and I actually went to the Pacoima business meeting you had but never received any emails or further information.
 - John: COVID hit and ended that council for the time being.
- Reuben: Daniel, I understand you run a business and that entails a lot of time, but we don't just necessarily meet once a month. We do outreach things, and it can get hard to manage schedules, would that be an issue for you and do you live in Pacoima?
 - John: I do not live in pacoima, I live in grenada hills, but my warehouse is in Pacoima, as far as the time commitment goes, this is a priority to me and I would love to become involved and become involved in subcommittees and everything like that. You can count on me with whatever you need.
- Elisa: On your application you stated that you would like to join the education committee and the land use committee. Can I ask why?
 - Daniel: What I'm currently working on right now, and I have met with the office of Monique Rodriquez and people like that, but in our business it's very hard to find people, so what we are trying to start is an apprenticeship program with colleges and local areas. I think that fits right into the education and land use committees.
- Michelle: I've always seen business in Pacoima but never saw investment back into our community, so I heard you wanted to create jobs and apprenticeships which is impressive. I know no one really cared about Pacoima, they just cared that it was cheap property and they were making money off our city, so it's very rare people try to give back to our community so thank you. Even if you go through 20 people and get 1 person and improve that 1 person's life, don't give up, because there are a lot of families that have gone through stuff in the community, so if you can change the life of one pacoima resident it could change a whole household dynamic. So thank you for even wanting to consider the board and giving back.

- Kevin Davis: Just a suggestion for the future, when we have a candidate come in, they do the budget training first and then they come back the following month as it gives them more information on what they are into and shows their commitment. Something we did with our board where people would come enthusiastically and then disappear when they realized it wasn't what they wanted.
- Voting: For Daniel 9 yes Passes

Elisa: Yes
John: Yes
Mikayeel: Yes
Fanne: Yes
Anna: Yes
Jessica: Yes
Rebecca: Yes
Mireyari: Yes
Reuben: Yes
Oscar: Not here

Alex: Not hereMiraya: Not here

- 3 more vacancies.
 - Omar: Commenting on the school rep vacancy. I am the Principal of the school down the street (Puc-Inspire) we are behind the methodist church right on Van Nuys. Run a middle school there with partnerships for uplifting communities with about 300 students there, it's my 2nd year.
 - Mikayeel: Go ahead and sign up and do the training and we look forward to speaking with you.

Reports

- John: Thank you for sending the reports out early because we were able to review it before the meeting.
- Vote: Passes 9 Yes

■ Jessica: Not here

Anna: Yes
Fannee: Yes
Elisa: Yes
Mireya: Yes
John: Yes
Mireyari: Yes
Mikayeel: Yes
Reuben: Yes

Rebecca: Yes

Minutes approval: Motioned by Elisa and seconded by Anna

- Mikayeel: I already sent the minutes, does anyone have any questions on that? No? Any hands?
 - John: Same concept, thanks for sending this out before the meeting again.
- Vote: 9 Yes Passes
 - Anna: Yes
 Fannee: Yes
 Elisa: Yes
 Mireya: Yes
 Mireyari: Yes
 John: Yes
 Mikayeel: Yes
 Reuben: Yes

Rebecca: Yes

- Purchase for \$1750 to purchase 1,000 bags With PNC logo.
 - o Reuben motions: Fannee seconds.
 - Anna: During NOV right before thanksgiving, we wanted to do a COVID bag so we can put everything in it (mask, sanitizer, gloves, etc.) and give the bags and food away together as a community event. Wanted to get the bags because we had nothing to put it in, and it has our logo on it. It is a reusable bag, they are washable.
 - Elisa: also getting notes from schools for bags that they can put materials in to give out.
 - Reuben: Anna real quick, I know it's a great idea but is there anything else we can order to put in this bag, maybe a flashlight or earthquake first aid kit.
 - Anna: The city said no to first aid kits, we'd have to partner with a non-profit to get something like that. I'm working with the city to get things that are approved. Anything COVID related is great.
 - Mikayeel: I Agree with Reuben, more stuff would be great.
 - Elisa: Like water bottles.
 - John: Pens/Pencils.
 - Michelle: I think this is great for the tote bags and for how Anna was mentioning the children. I also think with the way everything ends at the end of the fiscal year, I think ordering more outreach items would be good especially because people are walking and going to the store and such, and something to consider is something like arts and crafts for children because there is a lot of tension in the homes so it would be good for the community to keep things sanitary wise like not traveling but also keeping people occupied.
 - Jeffrey: Totally understand your frustrations about dealing with them, but some organizations you can reach out to are hite disaster preparedness faire. Last year when we did the faire we gave over 3,000 bags away, and we are expecting to give away that in the virtual conference in OCT as

well. Instead of you spending 1700 on a bag, maybe you can spend 1,000 or less to put a logo on our bag, and we will be filling the bags with all kinds of things.

Vote: 9 Yes - Passes

Anna: Yes
Fannee: Yes
Elisa: Yes
Miraeyra: Yes
Mirayeria: Yes
Mikayeel: Yes
John: Yes
Reuben: Yes
Rebecca: Yes

- Hand Sanitizer with PNC logo
 - Rebecca motions: Anna seconds.
 - Elisa: To order hand sanitizer to go into the bags we just voted on, it would have our logo and our website.
 - John: Have we gotten a proposal and what's the price per unit.
 - Anna: under 2 dollars each with printing and setup.
 - Vote: 9 yes passes

Anna: Yes
Fanne: Yes
Elisa: Yes
Miraeyra: Yes
Mirayeria: Yes
John: Yes
Mikayeel: Yes
Reuben: Yes

Rebecca: Yes

- Vote to approve a grant application of 500\$. Community cleanup event.
 - Elisa motioned: Seconded by Mikayeel
 - Elisa: Contacted by the person who put this forward and asked if we could table this. They thought we would be able to have cleanups by now or be able to gather, so she wanted to talk to her boss.
 - Reuben: I agree we should table it as for the near future we won't have any external events where groups can commune. I think we need to figure out when and where the event will take place.
 - Vote to Table for next meeting: 9 Yes Passes

Anna: Yes
Fanne: Yes
Elisa: Yes
Miraeyra: Yes
Mirayeria: Yes
John: Yes

Mikayeel: YesReuben: YesRebecca: Yes

- Vote for one committee meeting every 3 months.
 - Motioned by John seconded by Anna
 - Mikayeel: The reason I put this in is I am getting a lot of questions about when these meetings are. One thing I learned is that the sub committee meetings are more important than the board meetings. The sub committee is where we get the agenda items for the board meeting. It is important to have a meeting for the sub committee meeting every 3 months. I request that we have more meetings for these committees and have it on the agenda.
 - o Reuben: I think it is a good idea.
 - Elisa: I agree as well.
 - Mikayeel: If I can get it for a specific date I can put it on the agenda as well. Just my humble request.
 - Vote: Every quarter each committee has one month. Passes
 - All Yay, no oppose.
- PNC Facebook website updating.
 - Mikayeel: This needs to be promoted. So anyone asking for money or anything should post on our website and add more things.
 - Elisa: Any board member can email the web corner and ask them to put anything on our website. On our website.
 - Reuben: I think that might be a little dangerous as there might need to be a check and balance before anything goes on there. Maybe an approval process on the executive board just to protect us from getting in trouble down the line.
 - Mikayeel: Mireya offered to work with me and help update facebook. I can help you guys with whatever we need, but after the meeting, agenda, fliers etc can all be added.
 - Elisa: I'm the one that's been putting stuff on facebook, recently I haven't, but the reason why is I have been doing other meetings and answering emails, right now with COVID I'm answering more emails than I did before.
 - Mikayeel: Anyone able to offer help to help Elisa?
 - Reuben: Is semee still on? Question for you Semee: Anything that goes on that webpage will it require a board approval?
 - Semee: I think it depends on how the board wants to create the process. Getting board approval for each post will hinder the board in the amount of posting, but as long as we can come to an agreement on how we get materials to post we will be able to take action.
 - Daniel: As far as the social media aspect goes, create some content on Pacoima, get pictures and have a lot of posts, and maybe once a week or

every other week you post the content you created, instead of just one at a time, hire a photographer or if anyone knows a photographer get some content created and ready to go.Get attractions of Pacoima and start a "campaign" of pacoima and it will get more likes and more followers.

- Mikayeel: Yeah that sounds like a nice idea and if you volunteer it will be a good idea.
- Reuben: Doesn't that fall under the realm of the outreach committee anyways?
- Mikayeel: Yes it does, but just wanted to make sure we do all our activities by zoom and such so it's important to have social media actively posting our information.
- John: As the agenda item we would just need the checks and balances, if it breaks and rules we delete it and it's done.
- Jordan: Is it safe to assume that no one is coming on from the LAUSD?
 - Elisa: 5 minutes they said they should be on.
- Michelle: What Daniel mentioned about content, I was going to say the same thing, content, have a plan, and more importantly do the basic research and homework of how other NC have been sharing certain things of media stuff and whatnot. Reminders, etc..
 - Reuben: I think you misunderstood, it's to have the outreach approve or not approve items going out there, not just do the items themselves.
 - Elisa: I think it's about teamwork and it would be better if more board members went to events and stuff.
 - Reuben: We never have had this discussion until today, and we're just discussing who can oversee the content. We should probably just table this item as well because as of right now everything is going to fall on Elisa again, and I thought this was to figure out a group to help out with this, if we vote yes it's not fair to them.
- Mikayeel: The reason I put it there is somebody here could also pitch in or volunteer and a board member can help do this. There are so many things we can do on the facebook page and I think we just need more people to be able to do this. I don't see much promotion and such. I agree with you Reuben it has to be filtered, and can't just be whatever comes in so this will help with that.
- Jeffrey:
- Vote to table: Motioned by Reuben seconded by Anna. Passes
 - All yay, no one opposed.
- Kelly Gonez: School board member: District 6.
 - Good news as board district 6 family has grown, just gave birth about 3
 months ago. Some updates: Yesterday was the first day of school and
 unfortunately we were not able to invite people back to campus. Governor
 Newsome has included our county in online learning only. Student/faculty
 safety is most important. Working to help families and staff have

everything they need to access the learning. Have invested 100+ million in technology for distance learning. People have begun virtually meeting with their instructors. Classes will be much more robust, set schedules. structure consistency, and instructors will be doing daily instruction and off meeting instruction. There will be grades and assessments and attendance. We have taken steps so that all students no matter the background have access. We have worked on training for the staff for mental health and preparedness. We have also served over 54 million grab and go meals, so if anyone needs food go ahead and let them know those centers are open. Looking towards the future, we are actively planning for when we will be able to bring students back. Public health officials will be making that decision with health and safety as the first and foremost topic. We will have PPE for all students and staff, as well as a sanitation station. We will also have free periodic testing which will allow us to bring more people back to campus. This has been evolving, but my office has been working aggressively to support learning at home. Final update is the district has transitioned our structure so that it is more personalized and specific to our schools. The list of schools and office information has been shared, and we would be happy to connect you with the proper people to brainstorm ideas to partner. Great idea to sign up for our newsletter and follow our socials. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

- Reuben: My concern is the defunding of the LA school police and making sure something horrible doesn't happen. You lost a good man in that police chief you lost.
 - Kelly: Thank you for your note, we are doing everything we can to provide support. In regards to the chief, the school board is convienning a task force at this time. There will be people considering the role of school police in the future. If you have any feedback we would be happy to hear that moving forward.
 - Elisa: To piggyback off what Reuben said, last year when I individually ran out of the Sierra hospital and ran into the sun valley hospital and I chased into the school to tackle the guy that had a gun on him. If it weren't for the school police something major would have happened. Also what kind of support are you giving to homeless children?
 - Kelly: We will work to bring homeless students back as quickly as possible, we are doing everything we can.
 - John: My question is in regards to the safety of the students at our schools. Are we looking into anything such as metal detectors, arming the teachers, etc? What other avenues do we have to protect the children?

- Kelly: Part of it is the conversation the superintendent is looking at and breaking down the roles of the school police and what they are responding to. I think that's more a thing partnering with city representatives as things are happening outside the school and then trickling in. Safe passage for our students is more important as it wil focus on transportation and broader transportation safety for our students. As for inside the school we are looking to conflict resolution for our students and bullying programs. We also are looking at campus aids and psychiatrists who can help work with the students so things do not escalate. That all is what we are looking at as what does safety really look like at our schools.
- Mireya: Some schools are having issues where some students are starting to cyber bully or going into the zooms and showing things that they shouldn't.
 - Kelly: Yeah we have had things such as "Zoom bombing" or inappropriate things in zoom. We are looking at how to reduce access to these zoom classes, such as requiring pass codes, maintaining safe links etc. When it's students who are doing it, it is about setting expectations clearly. When in a zoom class you need to be expected to be in the same behavior as the actual classroom. Hopefully once those expectations are clear we will have reduced incidents like this.
- Daniel: I had written you a letter in regards to fire safety, well the whole board, and you were the only one who responded, so I just wanted to say thank you.
 - Kelly: Of course, I made it a priority to get to all the neighborhood councils by the start of school, so thank you.
- Rebecca: When are you guys going to start doing the temperature checking?
 - Kelly: for staff on campus now we are doing all the proper screening. We also are currently waiting on infrared technology to properly do the temperature screening, but we are following all other protocols to ensure people feel safe in offices. Once students are back on campus we will be doing temperature checks and will assure the safety of everyone.

- Jordan: My concern is regarding equitable access. There is a school, Sarah coughlin, where they have the ipads, but the spanish speaking children do not receive the english immersion classes the way they should be held. I know a 7 year old has been placed in the corner, and is now sitting at home in an only english speaking class. Who is held accountable?
 - Kelly: Great question, my 2nd main concern outside of safety is how do we make sure the kids are learning. We want to make sure everyone is getting the attention they need. We had to shift to remote instruction without having a fully robust plan being implemented. Right now we made sure the students have technology needed to learn, and then with the english learners we are looking at how to best engage them with english learning practices, as well as we have designated english learning time for the classes. They are also instructed to have small groups that focus on people that need individualized attention. That's what we are doing on the front end, on the back end I'm bringin a resolution next week for how we will measure our progress and how we will assure our students won't fall behind.
- Michelle: Regarding the micclay site, if that's what I understood, if it could even be another site location, right now there could be a lot of burden, and I know a lot of parents and I'm always talking to the families because I want to know more about people's struggles, if there could be another site as a lot of them are on foot or struggling with new children etc. They have to go far on foot, and not just this week but it's just very hot to carry families over there. I know some motels aren't safe either. I feel like it would be best if you meet families halfway. I used to go to motels 4 times a week when I volunteered and a lot of them became my friends and I have to say the services should be there, especially for the ones under LA family housing. Rather than the families go to different locations for services, it should be there, whether they are domestic violence, human trafficking, there are a lot of issues they are already dealing with emotionally and physically. If you hear their stories there's a lot, and that would be a great thing to implement to help them.

- Kelly: We do have a person who focuses on these families. She does some work out of the HQ and services families there. I will have to double check if she offers on site help on the motel services. There have been a lot of conversations about how to better help these families, conversations with the city and mayor, and all of us got overwhelmed by the issues with COVID but this is a good reminder to start that conversation back up. It is good to know that those motels are not the safest for families, and we will work in partnership with you guys there as well.
- Michelle: There are also a lot of distractions at those motels now too, and a lot of things that children are witnessing at night and in the day time. There's always a lot of foot traffic and it would be hard for any child to want to read in their room basically. Maybe have a community room at the location of the room or something like that? Consider even having a little center in one of the rooms that's a storage unit or something so they can sit in a room and concentrate.
 - Kelly: We have been working on this and have been opening offices. Part of the conversation has been how can we use these offices for these families. This conversation will be restarted as it stopped after COVID. As for the grab and go centers, we did make as many as we could, but will always push for more and work on ways to transport meals and help accommodate everyone.
- Fannee: Is this going to be the norm? 2 and a half hours? We should definitely limit the amount of time people speak.
- Announcements:
 - Elisa: Thank you for the hard work and Welcome Daniel.
 - Anna: I think we should be able to see who is speaking at the time. Also Daniel I will need your email address.
 - Mikayeel: It's not on us to decide that.
 - Jessica: Thanks to everyone and Welcome to Daniel.
 - Rebecca: Thanks everyone and welcome Daniel and I look forward to Principal Omar joining as well.
 - Omar: Thank you! I will put in the application and do the training.

- Reuben: Thank you for a great job. Jeffrey you are being transferred over to the public safety committee. There were 2 issues I can go over quickly that you can bring up on the public safety meeting. One thing you stated was that you were a Volunteer firefighter.
 - Jeffrey: I corrected that. I am technically a volunteer firefighter, but I am not a firefighter on the line. I am attached to the fire department a few times during fires as that liaison.
- Reuben: We have to have integrity there, Dan is the head of the Red Cross and said they do nothing with the fire department except disaster setup. The other thing you stated was that you are in charge of the valley department for the red cross. He disputed that and said you are a volunteer not in charge of the valley disaster center.
- Meeting adjourned at 9:01 pm.

•